Iron Fish project and Node/ambassador programm overview.
- Project overview
Established in 2018 by Elena Nadolinski, a former software engineer at Microsoft and Airbnb, Iron Fish is a cryptocurrency focused on privacy and accessibility. The Iron Fish roadmap begins with the proof-of-work blockchain with native cryptocurrency with plans to include extra assets, stablecoins and cross-chain bridges, and layer 2 support. The company is launching an incentivized testnet to reward member participation with leadership points that lead to future mainnet Iron Fish coins.
How to proof privacy?
Just like accounts, transactions are heavily influenced by the Sapling protocol with some differences. All Iron Fish transactions are shielded transactions, meaning they do not reveal any information to any onlooker who does not have explicit access.
This level of privacy is achieved through the use of zero-knowledge proofs, which allow transaction details to be encrypted with an accompanying zero-knowledge proof attesting to the validity of transaction details.
There is a lot to cover in this section, so here’s a quick guide to the pieces we’ll be reviewing:
- the components of a transaction
- the Spend description component (the one that dictates how an account can spend a note)
- the Output description component (the one one that creates new notes)
- how a transaction balances to ensure that appropriate amounts were spent and paid out
- how a validator (such as a miner) can verify any transaction
- a special type of transaction called the Miner Fee transaction, which is used to reward a miner for successfully mining a block
- how notes are encrypted and decrypted such that only the appropriate parties are privy to viewing transaction details
How to Make it Accessible?
Most cryptocurrencies are made by engineers, for engineers, which results in a high barrier to entry for most users. We are working on developing an improved user experience and offering a full end to end product: from your mobile phone wallet to your own bank account in a tab of your browser. If we want to have a truly decentralized banking system, we need to make it easy for anyone to use and accessible.
2. Incentivized testnet
Every each participant of testnet has an opportunity to sign in into leaderbaord, set up a node and get it’s own ponts (100 points to each block sucessfully mined).
Official source here:
Please, pay attention to this official information and follow the official rules.
3. Other contribution useful to project
Node it’s not an only way to take part in testnet.
There is so0me kind of ambassador program that inludes classic tatsks, such as:
- Writing articles;
- Writing and recordering tutorials (video/text/presentations);
- Translations and bublishing info.
Also be free to post twitter posts and other social-oriented posts (Reddit/Facebook/etc).
Official twitter is here:
Welcome to the well-detailed testnet of new huge and promising project!